About Me

Hello World, I have stayed on the safe side all my life. I want to go out and make some good stories. Help me. I want your input of how to make good stories. Or just tell me stories of your own. Tails, stories, legends are how we are remembered lets make them count!

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Arles... Basically the Portland of France.

Arles is not exactly like Portland. Imagine if Portland was smaller and the Romans built it, then you have Arles. It I'd amazing here. The people are really nice compared to Paris. There is just a whole different atmosphere here. The hostel am staying at is empty. I am the only one here except for the staff, but they are really nice its ok. The frist night I got here the director (manager) of the hostle checked me in. While he was doing so he saw thay I was stayin stay in for 4 night, this surprised him and he asked if I just wanted to pay for 2 and then pay do the next two later. I was taken back, I got a little nervous. Why is that? I asked. He told me because it is very quite here. I said I didn't mind and was happy to have some quite compared to Paris. After I put my stuff in my room he offered me a free drink and I meet the few other people staying that night.

One of the people I met was another America. He has been living here for about a year and a half (he is the only other person here besides the staff, but he is basically one of them he works for his room). The fellow American is an artist, later today we are going out to paint. He is going to teach me how to use oil paints. The frist day I was here we went to the market together, in Arles they have huge farmers markets every wendsaday and Saturday. I tried cheese,  some sort of meat, olives, and tomatoes. And I like it all (look at me, I am growing up).

It is fantastic to paint here. Everything looks like it is a painting. I have done one water color and a fee sketches, hopefully I will get a few more done before I leave tomorrow. I will be heading to Nice after here, and then on the Italy.

I almost forgot to tell you guys about my last night in Paris. I went out with my great grandfather's cousin's daughter's best friend's son (Thomas). It was cool to meet someone my own age from a different county. We went to a few gay bars (I am up to three now, and still not gay) and had a few drinks. It was fun to talk about all thr differences between out cultures and the similarities. I had a good time. We said our goodbyes around 1:00 and went on our ways. Quick fact, the me to in Paris only runs to about 1 am. Another quick fact, it takes about 1 and a half hours to walk across Paris when only sorta know where you are heading and get lucky. I didn't get much sleep that night.

I hope you all are doing well. I have about 6 weeks left. I am finally starting to get into the swing of things. (Sorry no pictures this time).

No comments:

Post a Comment