About Me

Hello World, I have stayed on the safe side all my life. I want to go out and make some good stories. Help me. I want your input of how to make good stories. Or just tell me stories of your own. Tails, stories, legends are how we are remembered lets make them count!

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

New things

This whole trip is about trying something new and different that I have never done before. And I would say I have done a lot of that already and I kbow I am going to do a lot more. Here a few of the new things I tried in paris; eat duck liver, ate duck, had a glass of wine, met my great grandfather's cousin's daughter, got mistaken for a french artist...twice,and had french macaroons from France in France. Altogether Paris is amazing and I have to come back.

You might a few questions about some of my new things so here are a fee story's to explain...

The french artist:
I went to go see the Notre-Dame and was calmly trying yo do a quick sketch of it. I sat at a perfect spot directly the middle at the back of the plaza in front of the church. There was many groups there seeing the church, because it is kinda amazing. Their was a group of America students, by the look if it, next to me and when they left one of the girls came up and asked me something in french. Me being a ignorant American only know English so I had no idea what she say. I had to explain that I was from the usa and that I spoke know French, she was a little taken back and explained that I looked like a french artist so she assumed that what I was. That made my day.

Duck! :
My great grandfather is from paris so some of his family is here. I met one of my relatives, Sonia, last night. It was great, we had a nice time having a drink, going to dinner, and a walk afterwards. Sonia and I went to dinner at a very french restaurant, she had to explain to be what was on the menu because I couldn't read it (still don't know french). I was willing to eat anything,  I wanted to try something new. So we had duck liver for an appetizer. I am not going to say that I liked it, but on the other hand I did not dislike it. It was an interesting thing to try and I am happy I did. For my main cousre I had duck leg. It wasn't bad, it kinda taste similar to turkey or chicken but has a completely different texture. It is a bit heavier then other poultry, but it melts in your mouth instead of you having to chew it for an hour.

Speaking of relatives I also got to see my second cousin ones removed, Harry.  we had a nice bunch together at his apartment with his boyfriend and a few other guests. Afterward, his boyfriend had a book reading that we all went to, once again I didn't understand it (french) but still liked it.

I think next I am off you Nice.  I hope to get some get watercolors there.

I had to get mote watercolor paper because I was going to run put. On my adventure to find a store that sold thr paper I found a moleskine store. For any of you who are big art nerds you will know how cool that is, for anyone else you should go find out who moleskine is. That make great stuff.

The picture is of the out of this world, to die for, addictive, a perfectly good reason to come back, macaroons. They were good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment