About Me

Hello World, I have stayed on the safe side all my life. I want to go out and make some good stories. Help me. I want your input of how to make good stories. Or just tell me stories of your own. Tails, stories, legends are how we are remembered lets make them count!

Friday, April 18, 2014

Forget me not Venice

(I went so long without a post so here are two only a day apart). I only a spent a day in Venice. I am not going to say that was enough but I did get a good feel for thr place (the main feeling being expensive). Originally I was not going to go there, due to the fact I couldnt find a hostel,  but I met some one how found one so I tagged along (that was explained poorly, you can read the beginning of my previous post "Florence friends" if you want clarification).

I would like to say that I did not get lost once while in Venice (most people see this as a go I thing,  I see it as a bad. I just didn't have the time to get lost). I can also cross off another accidental surcumstance goal,  stay at an iffy hostel. That makes it sound like it was worse then it really was, if was basically just someone's apartment.After we dropped our stuff off we grabbed some lunch at a market outside our hostle,  I had arancino (corn bread ball filled with cheese and meat), treccia (good, not sure how to describe, kinda like a soft pretzel), and a panzerotto (like a calzone). the rest of the day we spend with some people from Mexico that the Canadian had met earlier. All together it was fun, but I wish I had more time there. It was just so expensive I couldn't this trip. I did get a good sketch in so hopefully that will turnout.

I am working on several water color pieces now, I might have one or two done that I can show you next time. Sorry I don't have any finished now I am trying a different style that takes more time. 

Here we have a picture of the view from my hostel in Villach, Austria. And a beard update. What do you guys think of it? Should I keep it when I get back? (Please vote at bottom of page, sorry mobile versions unavailable, you can switch to web version to vote). Also I think have gotten a bit of sun, like my watch tan?

1 comment:

  1. Josh,loved all your posts and watercolors. You are an artist as the scenes are converted to your impression,not just a realistic rendition. They are yours and are unique! Thanks for all. Face better without beard. Grandpa

    ReplyDelete