It is more like the last both legs and half of the torso. What I am trying to say is I have only one month left. It is strange to think I am already half way through my journey. It still feels like only a week ago I started, I have have done so much in that week. I have been detained, gotten lost countless times, seen just about every famous painting (if I haven't seen it yet I am going to), met some great people, done some art of my own, eat some new things, experienced new cultures, and other things that I can't remember now (go read my last posts for derails, sorry none of that was in order). Plus I know there is more to come. In am in Florence now, ready to add a few things to that list.
Nice turned out to be nice after all (it was just waiting for me to complain about it). The last few days I was there it was bright and sunny, and hot. I spent my tome at the beach and park relaxing, and no sunburn, yeah! (That is lucky for me).
10 hours. Thats how long my train ride from Nice to Florence was. I like trains, but that was to much. Luckily I didn't make any mistakes and make it to Florence. While on the train i did meet some fellow travels who where going on the same trains as me.
The hardest part of my trip so far is still trying to find my hostel after I get off my train. I have to figure out where I am, then my orientation in the city, lastly start walking (hopefully the right way). The walk to my hostel here, in Florence, was not long, that was the good part. But it was raining and dark. By the time I made it to the hostel I felt like a blade of grass in terms morning, Bu instead of morning dew on me it was 70% sweat. But at least my room is nice, the rest of hostel is pretty crowded, there are lots of school kids here (lots of noise).
Today am going to explore the city, I might get a few stories out of it. If I don't I will at least get a few good drawing/painting out of it. In the meantime here are a fee of the water colors I did in Nice...
No comments:
Post a Comment