I have made it home. (Quick suggestion, after coming home from a pong trip play Chariots of Fire while walking in the airport to get luggage). I made it two months own my own in Europe. (Go see other posts if you want to see details of what I did). I would like to start out be saying thank you to everyone that helped in on my trip, and before to prepare me. It was great to meet all the people I did, I hope I can call most of you friends, thanks for the great times, I hope I get to see some of you again.
Reflection:
After getting shaken up pretty good at the beginning I think I turned my trip around fairly well. I went from sacred and nervous London, to being sick in Belgium, to I think I know what to do France, to I got the swing of this Italy, to confident Germany, to I don't what to go Amsterdam. I think I have change on trip. I have learned a lot about myself and about the world. I am so happy I took this trip and woukd suggest to do this type of trip to anyone when they are a young adult.
It is still such a weird feeling to home again, I look back on my trip and it seems like I haven't been gone for that long. But when I look at it from the perspective of my parents, friends, or anyone else at home I guess I have been gone for a while. It is a strange feeling. I think I am still in a little but of shock that I even did this trip. It started out as just a grand idea of mine, and some how I did it (I still can't believe it). I don't feel any different until I really take a look at how I am acting now, and I guess I have changed. I am more out going (one of the main goals that I wanted to accomplish by doing this trip). Another goal of mine was to become more confident, I have definitely got a bit more (just a little bit more, don't worry it is not too much). My last major goal was to spend some time looking inwardly and self reflecting so most of this reflection is about what I have learned, here are some:
Sometimes you have to walk on a ledge to live on the edge.
Be out going. If it turns out your are good at it be an artist.
Have no regrets. This does not mean make choices that you will not regret, but make the choices you have unregetable.
To learn you have to be confident, and sometimes this means making a fool out of yourself, and this is a good thing. But if you are an over-confident fool then people will laugh, you will not learn, and you will just be foolish. At the same time you can be a fool that has too little confidence, and never get the chance to learn and always stay a fool.
If you go down the path less walked then you will be able to do things less done.
You can plan the good times, you can plan for the bad times. But the best and worst times can never be planned for.
Make a choice, then do the opposite, that is how you start an adventure.
Things I lost:
Flatcap
Oil painting
Ear buds
Things I got:
Water color pad small
Water color pad large
Flat cap
Music box
Wind up toy
Book
Pin
Water colors
Pen
Pencil
Journal f2f
Ear buds (replacements)
Gift (sorry can't say or else ruin surprise)
To make this easier for everyone (basically just me) here are some answers to the FAQs I am expecting everyone to have. This is so I dont have to answer the same questions over and over again, so don't ask me these questions (I am joking, if you dont I really won't mind).
What was your favorite city?
"It is hard to say. All of them had their own special thing that made it great in it a own way. Let's see... London had the best museums, mostly because most of them where free. If I really had to chose I would say Florence was my favorite stop. Mostly because of the people, friends I met there."
What was your favorite museum?
"Well London had great museums, because most of them where free. Byt my favorite by far was the orsay. Second best was the Van Gogh museum in Amsterdam.
Best story?
"I got detained at customs as I was starting my trip in London." (Please refer to London post for more details).
How was it?
"Absolutely amazing! I can't wait to do it again." (Sorry mom).
What did you miss the most?
"Chinese food. I don't really know why, I just missed it."
What are your plans now?
"Well my plan now is to take some classes over the summer at PCC (local community college) to get back into the swing of school again. After the summer I think I might go to a community college up in Seattle and then what I really want to do is go to Western Washington University and study industrial/ product design."
I think I cover all the FAQs. (I hope so).
Lastly my gifts to everyone who helped me along the way, or if I missed your birthday, or if you really won't one, is my paintings I did. It will be mostly frist come first serve with priority to birthdays I have missed and family. Just send me an e-mail of the one (or ones) you like if I will not see you in person soon. If you think I will see you within the next month or so you can choose yours in person. I have pictures of some of my painting in previous posts ( I might do a post of pictures of all). If your don't want one as a gift well too bad for you I am a poor student so thats all I could get, I also hate buying gifts for people and this is the easiest thing to do.
Here are a few last pictures. The best carpet in the world (I see this and I know I am home). The best parents ever. Me at the start of my trip vs the end. I hope you all liked my blog, I am going to try to keep updating it with what I am up to (just probably won't be as frequent).
No comments:
Post a Comment